I’m a businessman who has owned several small companies. My business background taught me to focus on the bottom line, so my study of the financial markets was for one purpose only: to make profits.
I started my study of the markets under the direction of my late father, Patrick F. Burns, who accumulated 70 years of trading experience in his lifetime.
In addition, I hired three professional traders to mentor me personally, and even went to Chicago to work with a former floor trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
All of this research and study resulted in insights which eventually led to the development of my own Top Dog Trading methodology.
An outline of my trading contributions:
- Featured as a case study in the book “Using Candlestick Charting: How To Earn High Rates of Return – Safely” by Alan Northcott (Atlantic Publishing Group, Inc., 2009)
- Won a First Runner Up Readers Choice Award for “Technical Anaysis Web Sites” by Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine.
- Developed a 5 Day Course for WorldWideTraders.
- Headlining speaker at DayTradersUSA.
- Headlining speaker for the Market Analysts of Southern California.
- Given seminars around the country at many Wealth Expos and Traders Expos.
- Interviewed on the Robin Dayne “Elite Masters of Trading” Radio Show.
- Interviewed on Otrader.com.
- Published many articles for various outlets including eSignal Central.
- The former lead moderator of FuturesTalk chat room guiding listeners through the open and close of each trading day.
- Currently one of the featured Experts at Trader Kingdom.
- Doctorate in Hypnotherapy and is a certified NLP practitioner, and therefore able to help people with the psychology of trading.
- Founded Top Dog Trading, to help students shorten their learning curves in becoming traders.